Give your #PoshPackages a seasonal makeover with these fun and festive designs.
All your hard work has paid off and now it’s time to send out your Posh Packages! Here’s everything you need to know to get those packages out on time.
- Make sure you have all the tools you need.
Boxes labeled “Priority” from the post office are free and a great option if you don’t have packaging materials on hand. There are a variety of sizes available—perfect whether you’re shipping out a pair of boots or sweater. Too busy to stop by the post office? No worries! You can request them online and have them delivered straight to your door.
Did you know? A standard brown box works too! Just make sure that it’s the appropriate size for what you’re shipping out and ensure the label is secured on the box.
Please note: Don’t use boxes labeled “Regional Rate” and “Express Mail.” Double-check before heading out the door at USPS or ordering online because they look very similar to “Priority Mail” boxes.
- Don’t forget that details matter.
There’s nothing better than opening mail that’s packed special, just for you. Before you pack up your item, here are a few steps you might want to include:
- Neatly fold and wrap the item up in tissue paper to ensure the item stays put during transit. Throwing in festive decor doesn’t hurt either!
- Double-check to make sure you’re sending your item to the correct person if you’re shipping out multiple packages!
- Protect your packages with extra padding when necessary (looking at you, fragile home items).
- Include a handwritten thank you note! There’s nothing better than a handwritten thank you. It’s all in the details and your seller will appreciate you going the extra mile. P.S. download free Posh Holiday thank you cards here.
- Ship, ship, hooray!
Now that your package is ready for delivery, let’s ship it out to its new home! If your parcel is small enough, feel free to slip it in the nearest blue USPS mailbox. Otherwise, you can drop off your package directly at the post office or schedule for a pick up via USPS’ site.
Want to follow your package on its new journey? Take note of the USPS tracking number on the label that was originally emailed to you by Poshmark and plug it in here.
Posh Tip: The last day to ship items to arrive in time for the holidays is Thursday, December 19th, 2019.
(Shipping in Canada? The last day for Canada Post is December 13th)
But wait, I’m shipping in Canada!
Not to worry! Same rules apply as above but things are a bit different. You can purchase a box or packing slip from any Canada Post office (Note: you cannot use boxes labeled “Priority” or “Xpresspost”) or you can package your items using any standard box you have around your house already!
Once ready, simply drop off your packages at any Canada Post Office location or Canada Post mailbox (if applicable). Can’t make it to a Canada Post Office? You can request a pick up of your packages at home!
Track your packages as they go—enter your Canada Post tracking number on the shipping label here to see the shipping status.
And that’s it! Hopefully, these tips and tricks will help you get those #PoshPackages to their new homes during the holiday season.
Stuck on what to add to your closet? We know exactly what you need! Turn your closet into a gifting destination by listing these trending items. There’s something for everyone that’ll fulfill someone’s shopping list.
It’s time to spread that holiday cheer to buyers everywhere with these seasonal tips. Keep this in mind to help you make those sales and get your items out the door!
- Spice up your closet with a holiday themed banner and Covershots.
Give buyers something to smile about when they’re shopping your closet—add a holiday themed banner for some flair. If you’re feeling a little extra (in the best way, of course) switch up those Covershots by adding some ribbon, ornaments, or other festive props around your items.
- Feature the most relevant and gift-worthy items at the top of your closet.
Lock in those holiday sales by merchandising the items at the top of your closet (what potential buyers will see first!) To do this, share the items you want to appear at the top!
- Package your sales as presents! Provide gift wrapping as an added incentive for buyers.
Make your closet your one-stop shop for gifting! Give your #PoshPackages a seasonal makeover by adding in tissue paper, bows or gift tags. Adding personal touches can truly make the shopping experience memorable. P.S. Download some free Posh Holiday printables here.
- Stock your closet with top selling brands.
If you got them, list them! Turn your closet into a gifting destination by listing top selling brands like Ugg, The North Face and more. Head to our Most In-Demand Gifts of the Season blog post to get the scoop.
- Be as descriptive as possible
Give shoppers a clear description of the listing. When crafting a description, think about how you would describe the item if shoppers couldn’t see it.Posh Tip: when your listing’s description contains more than 100 words, the likelihood of a sale increases by 40%.
Looking for ways to get your listings in front of potential buyers? Follow these tips to create more opportunities to match your items with buyers’ searches and improve your placement in Poshmark search results.
1. The proof is in the listing details.
Make sure to enrich your listing details to maximize your closet’s exposure. How exactly does one “enrich?” It’s simple:
- Make sure your titles are descriptive. Instead of “leather handbag,” boost your title with more details such as brand name, material, style name, etc. A title like, “Black Leather Gucci Marmont Crossbody Bag” is more descriptive, and more importantly more searchable. Did you know including 4-5 words in your title increases your chances of a sale by 60%?
- Put your best photo forward (and include at least three more). Covershots, or the main photo of your listing, are the first thing a potential buyer sees as they’re browsing Poshmark search results. Capture your item in multiple angles and include those photos as well. Listings with more than 4 photos are 70% more likely to sell!
- Mention the brand name. Don’t skip on dropping the brand name. Letting your potential buyers know what brand your item is increases the likelihood of its sale by a whopping 110%.
2. Participate in promo days.
Joining in on promo days means offering discounted or free shipping to buyers and gaining closet exposure. What does that equal? More sales. Plus an added benefit, for Make a Deal Days and Love or List Challenge you’re entered to win awesome prizes just for participating. Get the details on the three types of promo days we offer:
- Closet Clear Out: Offer (and market!) free and fast shipping to put your buyers at ease. During Closet Clear Out, lower your prices by at least 10%, and Likers get an email with the price drop notification AND discounted shipping (on us!).
- Make a Deal Days (US only): Make sales and be entered to win BIG when you use Offer to Likers. Drop your price by at least 10% and choose a shipping discount. We’ll send your offer to everyone who has liked the listing—plus, you’ll be automatically entered to win hourly prizes!
- Love or List Challenge (US only): If you don’t love it, it’s time to list it! From last season’s looks to giftable finds, take part in this challenge and automatically be entered to win big.
Posh Tip: Using the Price Drop feature on a promo day increases your chance of making a sale by 80-90%.
3. Source your inventory with holiday buyers in mind.
Think about what you’d shop for during the holidays. Stocking your closet with NWT items makes it instantly shoppable for gifts. Adding seasonal items to your closet helps you appear in relevant searches (both on Poshmark and search engines) and Markets thus increasing your visibility and shoppability.
We gave you the power to nominate your city for the first Posh Party LIVE of 2020 and we were blown away! Huge shout out to everyone who tuned into our livestream where Team Posh gave up-to-the-minute updates!
It was a really close call, but we are thrilled to announce that we’ll be headed to HOUSTON, TX in January 2020. Thanks for joining the fun and be sure to look out for more details!
Missed the livestream? Check it out here.
Let’s pop some bubbly—we’re celebrating our 8th birthday in San Francisco! Get ready to meet Team Posh and party with your PFFs. Space is limited, so snag your tickets now to secure a spot.
When: Thursday, December 5th from 6:00 PM – 10:00 PM
Where: Bluxome Street Winery (53 Bluxome St., San Francisco, CA 94107)
What: Cocktails, music, photobooth fun, and more!
Not in the Bay Area? No problem! There are live events all over the country, hosted by YOU—our amazing community.
Take a look at the list of live parties happening to find one in your area. Keep checking back, we’ll be updating this page with more cities.
Thursday, December 5th, 2019
Atlanta, GA hosted by @caslemfinks
Birmingham, AL hosted by @poshjeepgirl
Cypress, TX hosted by @shanhoover
Houston, TX hosted by @poshchronicles
San Antonio, TX hosted by @lonestarfinds16
San Diego, CA hosted by @mimisdbest
Windermere, FL hosted by @sophiaroseshop
Irvine, CA hosted by @mizfabulousity
New York, NY hosted by @fashionista21
Sterling Heights, MI hosted by @katjo
Woodstock, GA hosted by @blackturtle7
Austin, TX hosted by @everydeystyle
Friday, December 6th, 2019
Apple Valley, CA hosted by @marissa1978
Atlanta, GA hosted by @justjewels4u
Las Vegas, NV hosted by @kimcity
Los Angeles, CA hosted by @covetedcloth
Los Angeles, CA hosted by @laretrogirl
Maumelle, AR hosted by @scooterrenee
Newark, DE hosted by @passionreseller
Newport Beach, CA hosted by @jill555
Port Orchard, WA hosted by @ohthatssnazzy
San Antonio, TX hosted by @glitter_assoc
Baton Rouge, LA hosted by @poshglamgirl
Denver, CO hosted by @ex_globetrotter
Charleston, SC hosted by @thrifty_cactus
Minneapolis, MN hosted by @millyandmonica
Christiana, DE hosted by @americangirl66
Chicago, IL hosted by @thefancyllama
Saturday, December 7th, 2019
Pineville, LA hosted by @thejanismarie
Appleton, WI hosted by @momandsonduo
Ave Maria, FL hosted by @meeshdsy
Charlotte, NC hosted by @poshliketheboss
Chula Vista, CA hosted by @noy2312
Cincinnati, OH hosted by @trendsetchic
Corona, CA hosted by @joyamarino
Doylestown, PA hosted by @violet507
East Providence, RI hosted by @kaylainri
Federal Way, WA hosted by @travelinggirl68
Fort Worth, TX hosted by @goldenpolkadot
LaBelle, FL hosted by @sofisticata
Las Vegas, NV hosted by @kittynsincity
Los Angeles, CA hosted by @bellanblue
Somerset, NY hosted by @xstinebelle
Baltimore, MD hosted by @styledbysamona
Marlton, NJ hosted by @maryfashionista
New Orleans, LA hosted by @ravenleigh524
New York, NY hosted by @ornamentalstone
Parkland, FL hosted by @fancyfloridians
Pembroke Pines, FL hosted by @jennpages
Portland, ME hosted by @keepinitrad
Portland, OR hosted by @embrace_sisu
San Antonio, TX hosted by @allzedetails
San Diego, CA hosted by @jenn_sd
South Hadley, MA hosted by @shopnccloset
Syracuse, NY hosted by @queensa
Union, NJ hosted by @thefashionloft
University Place, WA hosted by @cjrose25
Woodstock, GA hosted by @javamomscorner
Woodinville, WA hosted by @cchow19
Stay tuned for more information on our Vancouver party and Canada Posh N Sips!